Sage belongs to the Salvia plant family and is derived from the Latin word salvere, which means "to heal."
How to use the abalone shell & sage bundle?
- Using a match, light your sage.
- Rest the sage in the abalone shell, using it to collect any ashes or embers as the herbs burn.
- Think about your intentions. (For example; getting rid of negative energy or attract positive energies.)
- You may wish to walk around a space with the sage, allowing the smoke to waft into the corners and ceilings.
- Abalone shells have holes in them, so ensure any hot embers don’t fall through onto flammable materials such as carpet or bed linens.
- If the smudge stick have been resting in the abalone shell for awhile, the shell may get hot, so use caution when handling it.